Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fate or Freewill

Fate or freewill. That seems like a question of optimism and pessimism. To me if you are optimistic, you are able to control your life. You have a choice. But if you are pessimistic, you feel like you don't have a choice and you just accept what comes to you.

I believe in freewill. I like to take actions to change my future and lead it the way I want it to. Taking a test. That's a good example of freewill. It's basically not possible to just sit there in a classroom and let whatever the teacher says pass through your ears as you were a thin sheet. Freewill is all about choice. It's voluntary and no one does it except one's self. On the other hand, fate relies on just whatever. Maybe God, or maybe time. I do not know because I never relied on fate. I've always believed in freewill and that's why I chose to write this post.

The above is written before the classes about fate and freewill happened. Now that I think about it, maybe fate isn't pessimistic. It can be optimistic, but it depends on whatever the person believes. But it seems like fate has has an unfavorable outcome. People who tried the "bag o fate"
did not get what they wanted..........that elusive two purple hershey's kisses. For some reason, people were still happy when they got one silver and one purple. Yes, it was better than a zero but it's as good as being the chorus...........or maybe a little bit better because of pride. But it still doesn't make sense to try the "bag o fate" because you are risking getting a zero. Obviously, the chance of getting two silvers were much higher than getting two purples. According to basically everything in my whole entire life, the favorable fates cannot happen more than unfavorable fates.

Fate and freewill is a really complicated matter. Nobody can ever prove that there is fate. But I doubt there is one because everything must happen for a reason. Freewill seems like a safer choice to stick with.

2 comments:

Devin said...

SB07
pessimist=eunuch
You are a eunuch(yes i spelled it right).

Mello Yello said...

"But it still doesn't make sense to try the "bag o fate" because you are risking getting a zero."

Maybe it doesn't make sense to you...

Many people would gladly risk a 0 for a 100

N-Blox made by Neave Games