Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Live or Die

Life occurs only once and once only. Just like the moments in your life when you wished it could've been longer, life is something that we can't get enough of. It's like sleep. When we wake up in the morning, we always want more and we can't get enough of it, especially during the school days. I guess in some cultures, pride is a big theme for them. Some tribes believe that being the chief makes them very respectable and makes them feel glorious.

But not me. I do not want to be really famous and I'd rather live longer than die in my 20s. I don't understand why some people want to be celebrities. They may have a life that is based more on money, but there is also the media that stalks you 24/7. I mean you see all these paparazzi chasing after big stars and I certainly don't see how the celebrities can enjoy their life. Their life is under a magnifying glass so that everyone in the world can see their naked life. They can't even go out into the public without being in a disguise because they're desperately trying to put clothes on their life.

What I'm trying to say is that it really isn't good to be famous. I've thought of being famous when I was young. I envied famous people and their accomplishments such as Einstein. I mean yeah you have the glory and you don't have to deal with the paparazzi after you die in your 20s, but you are dead and you've lost like 50 years of your life in which you could've lived as an average person doing average things. I don't see anything wrong with that and that's why I chose to live longer as an average Joe.

4 comments:

The Indonesian said...

I agree with you. Life is too short. People only get one shot at life. Why waste your life in twenty years?

Devin said...

"Their life is under a magnifying glass so that everyone in the world can see their naked life." You would write this.

TCR said...

It's called personification if you didn't notice.

Katie said...

I don't think personification is the right word. Maybe imagery.

N-Blox made by Neave Games