Friday, August 24, 2007

Icon

One icon that is particularly memorable to me is McDonald's. McDonald's is in every state and just about everywhere in the world. You can go a mile or two along a highway, and you will see that big yellow M that almost looks as if it were smiling. Now, McDonald's is even sponsoring the Olympics. How ironic is it to have an unhealthy, fast food restaurant sponsoring the world's greatest sporting event, where the best of the best athletes meet?

In my opinion, McDonald's has set this country's fast food chain and elsewhere in the world. Because of it, this nation has become obese and eventually, the world will become obese if this madness does not stop. Don't get me wrong, I love McDonald's, and I think it's very successful financially. Disney toys in one of those happy meals? Kids will keep begging their parents until they get a hand on that new ET-like character. It's just that people can't make the right decisions when they see commercials of people eating so happily, so energetically as if it were their favorite food. With the logo being "I'm Lovin' It", it is surely an icon that dominates the whole world.

No comments:

N-Blox made by Neave Games